To find out what time that is in your time zone, go to
The SHIFT2003 Chat Room [IRC channel #poleshiftdiscussion]
(instructions on how to access the chat room appear below)
Participants must enter the room prior to the start of the session;
once the session has started, the room will be closed and latecomers
will not be admitted. Session will be moderated and disruptive
participants will be removed. If you wish to submit a question in
advance, please email it to email@example.com and it will be
forwarded to Nancy for her consideration. Questions may of course be
asked during the session as well, but should be restricted to the
session topic: "Preparation for the May 2003 Poleshift and Aftertime".
HOW TO ACCESS THE CHAT ROOM VIA THE WEB:
1. Go to the following web page.
2. A box will appear asking "Do you want to install and run jIRC
applet distributed by JPilot software company?" Click OK. You must
do these each time you visit the site.
3. Five box-fields will then appear on your screen. You only need to
pay attention to the first two box-fields: "Nick Name" and "Channel".
4. In the box titled "Nick Name", replace the word "Guest" with the
name you want to be known by in the chat room. In the box
titled "Channel", replace "#buzz" with "#poleshiftdiscussion".
5. Then click the button at the bottom that says "Connect Now", which
will take you into the chat room.
6. To post in the chat room, simply type your message in the narrow
rectangular box at the bottom of the screen, then press "return".
HOW TO ACCESS THE CHAT ROOM VIA IRC-CLIENT SOFTWARE:
1. If you are a PC user, go to www.mirc.com; if you are a Mac user,
go to www.ircle.com.
2. Follow the directions for downloading and installing free IRC-
3. When setting up the software, enter "Funnet.Org" as the server
and "poleshiftdiscussion" as the channel.