November 22, 2008
The meeting was called to order via email on Nvember 16, 2008. Those attending: Roger, (chairing President), Gerard, Steve, and Nancy.
- Agenda Item 1: Minutes of Last Meeting - Approval
- - Since there were no objections, the Minutes of the last Board Meeting were considered ratified as correct.
- Agenda Item 2: Projects Review
- - Nancy reported success with establishing a permanent curley parsley patch. Roger reported a 75% germination test success with 1999 radish seed.
- - Roger reported that orders were running at about 3/month so the inventory is adequate and holding.
- - Roger reported that the server remains offline at present, and expressed doubt that a DSL link would be adequate for demand in the future. He also
cautioned that the Windows 2000 OS currently installed will soon no longer be maintained. Gerard suggested using torrent as a download mechanism so that
a DSL connection will be adequate for demands on the server, and installing Linux Distro or Ubuntu which are inexpensive. Steve added that a small torrent
program such as "BitTorrent" can be easily installed as a client by those wanting to access the server via a torrent stream, and offers many options for the
- - Roger took as action points to investigate server software - torrents or other file-sharing protocol vs. ftp or http hosting software; DSL costs for static IP
and faster upstream speed; and the feasibility of switching Operating Systems or using a faster PC.
- - Nancy reported that the public is directed to the nonprofit offerings via her website by many routes: a weekly live chat, a weekly radio show, a weekly
newsletter, and monthly videos. The nonprofit $4.10 CD is featured on the crawler and with links to the CD and booklet from her homepage. Gerard
expressed frustration with outreach as formerly BBSradio shows used to include a nonprofit advertisement, but the live radio show does not. Nancy
mentioned the possibility of a documentary on ZetaTalk, which would increase traffic to her site and thus demand for the nonprofit offerings. The nonprofit
has already approved free access to the booket PDF for printing and distribution if this is intended to be given to the public free of charge. If duplication of
the CD and booklet is done by others, then demand on the server might be minimized.
- Agenda Item 3: Adjournment
- - The meeting was adjourned on November 22, 2008 with no further coments from the other board members.